Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I finally got them ( Altec 19s )

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It was well worth the wait. I drove 4 hrs. each way for a pair in great shape except the base.

    I have only listened for a short time but I think these can go toe to toe with my Klischorns.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A long time ago I had Khorns and my roommate had 19s. The 19s walked all over the khorns. That is when I switched to Altec from Klipsch. There is not a lot of midbass from the khorns and the mids seem brittle and the highs seem harsh. The only thing the khorn did better, acctually did that the 19 couldn't, was go down into the thirties. Back then plate amp subwoofers where not available. Today if you have 19s and a good sub, you are set. Cheers.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bsafirebird1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea, DylanL ..

    you need to kiss major *** here, you Klipsch traitor ...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Deang's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dylan, what in the **** are you doing over here? Get your *** back home where you belong. forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    More like what are you doing here?? I have been after these for quite some time.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I have all the bass I need without a sub

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bsafirebird1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    weeelll. DylanL ......

    you surely made the right choice, as you now realize ..

    19's are one great speaker, k-horn, or not !

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sunnysal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am dying to hear about their performance versus the klipschorn...regards, tony

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.